Thursday, August 7, 2008

Project Beginings

Hallo,
I didn't get my project for the day finished like I had planned but I got started so I thought I would show you a couple pics as I go along. One big reason I didn't get finished is that I had to dig through major piles of 'stash' to find the cigar boxes I wanted to alter and in the process of digging I ended up rearranging, and cleaning a bit.....
Other reasons include sleeping in after getting home from the concert last night late - got concert even if we were late due to a traffic jam because of an accident....we missed out on Cheep Trick but Heart was good and so was Journey - lots of good music. It was in an outdoor arena so it was hot but we had a bit of a breeze now and then. We also did some school shopping today too.

For this project I pulled out one of the masterboards I was playing with awhile back, a couple cigar boxes, some old jewelry, some old beaded trim, old laces and trims, tiny thread spools and a rubber stamp.
I used this 'Victorian Leaves' backrounder from CHF http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com and stamped up several full sheets and then cut them to fit the sides of the box - I plan to do all 4 sides inside and out and the inside bottom and top of the box too. Then I plan to add from the masterboard and all the other goodies. We'll see what I end up with...
The last pic is the first side with the backround glued on - I like to use modge podge for alot of my altered projects but it does take awhile to dry so I did one side and it will get to dry over night and I hope to get back to it tomorrow (after yard work that I was too lazy to do today... :0)
I also started a couple clipboards I am doing with a base of old 'Work Basket' magazines but I didn't get any photos of those yet and they are drying with the first layer on them too.
All for today - Take Care
Tera
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

It's going to be so cool Tera!
BTW.. great music.. I would have loved that concert too!~