Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Coffee bottles again

Hallo,
It was a LONG and busy weekend at work this last weekend and I did manage to get some craft stuff done yesterday but my computer was misbehaving (had to get my DS to show me how to make it behave - he's 12... )
I got 3 more bottles stamped and glass etched - all 3 of them with a coffee theme. 2 are for a friend of mine and one will be for me to take to my craft fair this coming weekend.
One was decorated very similar to the last one I posted her awhile back and the other 2 I will show you here.
I made cards to match each one. I noticed a little black ink smudge on this one when I was editing it - I think some glitter might do the trick.....
Each bottle was stamped and embossed with clear powder directly on the jar with a stamp set from Flourishes. Then I used blue painters tape to mark off the area I wanted to glass etch, applied the etching compound rather thickly and let it sit for about 35-40 minutes (always better to go longer than too short I have found).



I used fibers from my stash and also made tags to match.
All for today - need to get out for a walk that I didn't get this am due to a mandatory class at work this am.
Then I need to finish some of my last minute projects for the craft fair this weekend.
All for now - Take Care
Tera













2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok now those totally ROCK! I did some glass etched projects for the Dec issue of Crafts N Things this year..totally fun!

Shirley said...

I've been having troubles posting lately. I love your bottles and always do! Your cards are really pretty here too!