Thursday, December 10, 2009

Silver Anniversary cards

Hallo,
I have offered to make the invitations for my Mom and Step-Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary party and these 3 are the first samples I have come up with for my Mom to look at.
The backrounds are all cuttlebug folders swiped with silver ink. The wedding couple are embossed with silver ink onto velum and edged with silver mettalic pen.
The charm is stamped with an older Stampin Up stamp and says Celebrate - it was punched out of shrink paper, stamped and shrunk.
The flower is silver with pearly beads and the ribbon is silver too.

I did 3 different versions - with 3 different cuttlebug folders. I have to admit that I like the third one best.
The last 3 pics show close ups of the charm - on one of them I colored with the silver mettalic pen on the back but didn't like how that turned out so left the other 2 clear and just edged it with the silver pen.
All for today - I need to cut out material for some tops for work (Christmas material - almost getting too late ) and then see if I can sweet talk my sewing machine into being nice to me (we usually fight alot :).
Take Care
Tera




Edited - The main image of the wedding couple is from 'Another Stamp Company'
www.anotherstampcompany.com'















































4 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Such elegant Anniversary cards!
Glad your parents have a wood burner and are keeping nice and warm :)
We live in the country too but we're located right on the highway. Sometimes the biggest challenge is getting OUT of the driveway and onto the road!

For You By Me, Liz said...

Me, too...I like the 3rd one best...cute idea and I know they will love them all

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. Could you please tell me the name of the stamp you used?

stampqueen said...

The stamp I used on these cards is from Another Stamp Company - www.anotherstampcompany.com