Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snow waves and snow drifts

Hallo,
More snow pics for ya - I have never seen the snow look like it does in this first pic and a bunch more below. The main drifts are all curved like a track made by a sidewinder snake and then there are smaller waves behind then. What is hard to see in the photos is that the main drifts - the curvey ones are 3 to 4 feet high drifts, the smaller ones are a couple feet.


These next couple pics are taken on some country roads west of my Mom's place - many spots are only open one lane wide. I am standing on the road here and the drift they cut through is way above my head. It is hard to see in the second photo but I have my arm raised above my head and the drift is still higher than my hand.







The snow drift along the tree line in the one photo are 8 to 10 feet high.




All for tonight
Take Care
Tera







































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....