Thursday, February 18, 2010

Colors of India


Hallo,
Just a quick little post tonight gotta head out in a few minutes to the Awards ceremony for Regional Science Fair. DD had her experiment on Vermicomposting at regionals.
I have had this project in mind for several months and in the works for several weeks.....that work thang keeps gettin in the way.....
I had planned on this project being a submission for a Design Team for Outlines stamps but I got a newsletter from them saying the had chosen their new DT so I guess I missed that deadline......
I used several Outlines stamps that you can find here - www.outlinesrubberstamp.com


I embossed them in gold on white paper and then colored them in with copics. The small squares are from a big backround type stamp and I cut the indivual squares apart.
The colors reminded me of India and I put them up against the tourquoise blue and they looked really dramatic to me that way, so I went with it....
This is a cigar box that I found at a local thrift store. I got it all done except the inside and then decided that the inside needed a mirror on the lid - believe it or not, in all my major stash of schtuff I didn't have one - so I had to make a run to my local craft store......




I edged all the blue paper, colored medallions and the mirror in gold mettalic pen. Oh and I also colored the little spools with the mettalic pen too - for the feet of the box.
I just love how the mirror looks!!!!
Oh and as you can see I also used alot of flat back faux pearls.
All for tonight - gotta get running...
Take Care
Tera














1 comment:

Alaine said...

That is really LOVELY!!!