Monday, April 22, 2013

Frame it with Flourishes

 Hallo,
   What a beautiful day - I took my puppy for a walk out in the woods on the military base this morning. Its a large open and wooded area that has fences in among the trees (a couple hundred yard back from the path) so I let her loose and boy did she have fun today. She scared up 2 deer and had quite alot of fun chasing them - to the point that after a 45 minute walk (for me) she was almost tired out, almost... :)
   Well when I got in the craft room I had a challenge that I really wanted to get done before todays deadline later today and it looks like I have gotten the job done :)
   This card is for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which is to use a frame. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   The main image is from Flourishes of course and was done with watercolors and pencil. I did light washes of the watercolor onto watercolor paper first ans then came back when it was dry and added more color and definition with the pencils.
   I cut the frame from a piece of coordinations pre-embossed cardstock and sanded to show the light pink underneath and layered to a piece of green cardstock. I added some flowers and some pearls and all done.
   I am headed off to my bed now to get a nap before working tonight - sure wish I could just sit outside with a good book instead but alas the nap with come in handy around 3 am tonight :)
   Have a great day!!!!
          Tera


No comments: