Saturday, April 13, 2013

Household pink

Hallo,
  Beautiful weather here in NW Florida today!!! My puppy took me for a long walk early and I did a smidge of yard work....
  I finished off this card for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which is to use something from around your house. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  I used a used drier sheet - one of my favorite techniques. I used double sided tape to stick it over my main image for a softer look and a soft texture too.
  The cherry blossums - from Flourishes of course - were stamped onto watercolor paper and painted with koh-i-noor watercolors
  I used some pretty spring Dp that I have had for quite awhile and a green card base. I embellished with a cream ribbon and a pinkish cream thinner ribbon , a paper bow, a metal charm and some pink pearl drops (from a tulip fabric pen). The main image was cut out with a Spellbinders die.
  The paper bow is a die cut from Accu cut that was designed by my friend Vicki Chrisman - www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com
   All for today - am headed into work tonight in a little while.....
    Have a great weekend!!!
         Tera



2 comments:

Broni said...

I've never tried using a dryer sheet like that! I love the soft look! I'll definitely have to try it out! I'm so glad you played along with us in the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Tera!! The dryer sheet technique is one of my favs and you did a super wonderful job!