Thursday, June 20, 2013

Catching up....

Hallo,
  Just a short note to catch up a bit this afternoon - after 2 weeks off for my DD's graduation and party(first week with the second week to recover :) I went back to work Monday night - boy that never seems to get easier :) Ahhh well it was a couple good nights and back in the swing of things....
   A few pictures to show you what I have been up to lately - the first couple are of a locker hook rug that I did with yarn instead of fabric. The yarn was really soft and fluffy and it did make a great rug but I will never do another one - it took over 18 skeins of fancy yarn and was wayyy more expensive than I had thought....but then again its so soft and cushy :) (putting it up on my Etsy shop tonight)


Add caption

I found this great dresser at my favorite thrift shop last week - its 7 foot long and 18 inches wide and solid wood - even the drawer bottoms (not flimsy plywood) - it is so going in my new craft room the end of the summer :) It is in perfect shape except for the paint job which I am not sure I am going to change - very shabby chic looking :).
 And I finally spent a day cutting fabric strips with my Accu cut (which is absolutely fabulous!!!!) and finally started my DD's rug. It will be 34 by 58 inches , not counting fringe...I have a month and 1/2 to get it done  so I guess I had better get off the computer now and back to it - well after a bit of time in the pool (water aerobics).
   Take Care
         Tera
 


No comments: