Thursday, March 12, 2015
Had some time to play over at my encaustic studio today and showing you some pics of the beginnings of a fun project!!
I started with some good heavy weight cardstock (5 3/4 by 5 3/4 inches)with a nice smooth finish and a whole pile of pictures printed off onto regular copy paper.
I used the Chartpak solvent marker to transfer the pictures. You put the picture face down on the cardstock and color over it with the solvent marker - coating it really well.
In the first picture the right hand image is the copy and the left is how it looks after the transfer.
I learned about this technique when I took a class with my local CLL (Center for Lifelong Learning) and the instructor was a talented local artist - Linda Kernick - we had a lot of fun playing with acrylic paints, spray paints, textures and special techniques.
The next bunch of pics shows 8 panels that I did with the transfers and then edged the edges with tea dye and walnut inks. And the last 2 pictures are group shots of the panels after I glued them to encaustic boards - 6 by 6 inches (I used gel medium).
The next step is to cover with several layers of clear wax medium and then I plan to add some thin transparent layers of colors and well - who knows, we will see when I get that far :)
All for today - time to finish off a zentangle project I started yesterday.