Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Etched cherry blossum vase

Hallo,
I hope you don't mind seeing alot of etched glass because that is almost all I did today.
I got 3 vases done, this is first one is done with a cherry blossum stamp from 'Rubber Stampede'. The stamp was stamped a couple times on 2 opposite sides and embossed with clear embossing powder. The glass ethcing compound was applied thick and left for about 1/2 hour and then washed off. The embossing powder comes off too and leaves clear glass.
I also used the cherry blossum stamp on oriental washi paper - stamped with black soot distress ink and colored with gel pens - for the gift tag.
I got on a roll yesterday in the craft room - cleaning - I had 2 small boxes with stamps to be cataloged and UM to put cling on and put away and believe it or not I managed to get alot done. All the stamps are put away - now all I need to do is go drawer by drawer in my stamp cabinet and add the new stamps to my book (I have a book put together which shows all my stamps by drawer - keeps them easier for me to find and easier for the kids to put back if they use them). The hard part is going to be all my UM - needs to be totally redone - partly because I reorganized all my UM and partly because I have bought alot in the last 6 months and never got them into my book in the first place. But the floor of my craft room now has 2 small open spaces. And more open spaces from the glass vases I am doing - as once they are done I will transfer them to my closet where I keep stuff that I have listed on etsy - does that sound like shuffleing from one spot to another or what?

Well better get rolling - the kids are home from school and I should get some chores done...blah, blah, blah...chores, yuk.
Take Care
Tera

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

This is just beautiful! I have never sat down to do this and your end result is just so motivating. It is lovely