Monday, July 20, 2009

Prairie Pirate?

Hallo,
Short note today - didn't get much for stamping finished but showing you what I got started.
This weeks challenge at CHF - Cornish Heritage Farms is to "Make a Scene"
All stamps are from CHF and can be found here - http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
I started with the pirate boy - stamped him and then masked him.
Over him I stamped several stamps from 'Homestead' and 'By the seashore' and the wheat stamp. I colored him with copics.
I plan to color the wheat also with copics and exgtend the tree so he's not floating in mid-air and then color the rest with my prismacolor pencils (for a softer/not so prominent look).


I also plan to do an overlay with vellum with more stamps from 'By the Seashore ' and an old sailing boat.
I got this idea because when we were kids I remember playing pirate by climbing the trees at home and looking out over corn fields (grew up in nebraska - but I don't have any corn stamps so this 'scene' became Kansas instead with the wheat).
My stamp time was limited today by yard work, and errands, the kiddos helped me with house work so this afternoon we went to see the newest 'Harry Potter' movie!!!!!
More tomorrow
Take Care
Tera



No comments: