Monday, February 14, 2011

Gray Moon

Hallo,
Welcome to another Monday. I worked last night and am fixin' to get me a nap.....(southern for I am headed off to bed for a nap here in a minute :).
Thought I would get todays post up and running first as the DH, kids and I are going to Pensacola tonight to see 'Kid Rock' in concert.....I am not so much into it but it will be fun for the DH and kiddos.....
When I first did this wonderful image from Sweet Pea, I really didnot like how I did the backround....so I sat it on my desk and looked at it for a few days, then I came across my newest issue of Technique Junkie Newsletter and reread the 'neutral shadows' technique and aahh ha....
I cut out my little mermaid and then stamped her again onto white cardstock and embossed with white powder - then I shadowed the image with gray ink and colored the hearts red, and layered my colored and cut out mermaid on top....
For the background I stamped the flourish (from Stampin' Up ) onto red patterned paper and also did some shadowing with gray ink.
I edged both panels with silver metallic pen and added a silvery gray ribbon and some darker gray pearls too.
I am entering her in this weeks challenge over at 'In A Sweet Pea Dream' - the challenge being anything Sweet Pea.....
Check out all the fabulous Sweet Pea inspiration here - www.inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com
I had to chuckle - had a flash back to a movie I watched yesterday - Does anyone remember the movie 'St. Elmo's Fire'? I watched it yesterday and the word 'fabulous' was used many times.....
Ohh KAy - time to sleep..... :)
Take Care
Tera









1 comment:

KymKreates said...

What a beautiful creation!

Thanks for joining us this time with the anything goes challenge. Hope to see more of your artwork in the future!

KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT