Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Swirl Tea Cup

Hallo,
Going to try and get today's post up for you before I head to bed for a bit.....it was a very busy night last night and I am looking forward to a bit of sleep.
I don't work tonight so will only sleep a bit and then I have a few errands and maybe some crafting time planned....
I did this card for this weeks sketch challenge over at Stamp TV using one of my newer sets from Gina K called 'Mugs and Kisses'.
I colored the cup with copics and then ran across a border sticker in one of my many piles near my desk and thought it would look good on the cup so I cut it to fit and then layered it to the DP and turquoise cardstock (cardstock has been spritzed with a shimmer spray but it doesn't show well in the picture).
For the label I had a small piece of brown textured felt in one of my piles :) (I bet you can just imagine - piles and piles.....well you are not far off...LOL) so I decided to see if the tag die from Spellbinder would cut it, as it is a bit thick - I ran it through the cuttlebug once regular and then again with a thin shim and it cut just fine.
The little oval was a piece of chipboard that was the middle of a chipboard letter O (yes I know I am sometimes a but compulsive with saving things...) I colored it to match the cup and the Thank-you phrase fit just fine. Last but not least I found some flat backed pearls that matched and I was done. Oh in case you were wondering the DP piece was a leftover piece from another project that was in the same 'pile' as the felt....and the base cardstock was from a shimmer mist experiment from awhile back ..... :)


Ok starting to nod off a bit so had better hit the hay - sleep aaahhh sweet sleep :)
Take Care
Tera












No comments: