Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Marchin'

Hallo,
I hadn't planned on showing you this card yet but didn't get any crafting time today - got home after work and stayed up a bit dinking with my computer before taking my old meow to her vet appointment.

Old meow is doing fine but she is a bit dehydrated doc said - but I could tell she has been hurting lately too. She wouldn't let me brush her the other day and that is something she usually loves.....

Well doc decided not to do lab work because he could see she was dehydrated which means her kidneys have taken another dip.
Very few pain medicines work well on cats and with kidney troubles there was only one option....so when I got home I gave her some pain medicine and went to sleep - intending to get about 4 hours ....
Well that didn't work, tried to get up and couldn't even see straight, so went back to bed.

When I finally did get up - I corralled old meow (Miss Fancy) for her fluids - easier and cheaper for me to give her fluids at home since she will need fluids a couple times a week for awhile here.....so she is teeed off at me for the moment but I can tell she feels better already - strong little cookie (she turned 20 years old last december BTW).

My card for today was made as a Thank-you card for our local American Legion post - they are sponsoring my DD to go to a conference in D.C. this fall - National Youth Forum on Security and Defense.

I don't know who made the flag background stamp - colored with prismacolor pencils - but the children silhouettes are from Flourishes, embossed with black. I really like how it turned out.

Well I had best get some dinner on the stove.....

Take Care
Tera

1 comment:

Shirley said...

It's gorgeous! A really great idea for the silhouette stamp too!