Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cross and crown

Hallo,
  A quick note this afternoon and off to work again - fixin to be a busy evening.....
  I finished off this project over the weekend. It was the first time for me to alter a bottle of crown :) (empty of course). One of my coworkers has a son that just recently became a minister and after the ceremony the had a ton of family and friends over to celebrate - hence the bottle of crown. She thought it would make a good souvenir so asked me to decorate it.
  I used brown cardstock  - with a white core - for the topper and ran it through a leaf texture folder, sanded and then swiped over the danded parts with green ink.
  Both panels were done with stamps from 'Our Daily Bread' designs.
  I used prismacolor pencils to color the background on the first panel and then stamped/embossed the cross over the top with distress powder. I cut both panels with a Spellbinders die and edged with a gold metallic pen.
    I stamped the second panel with memento brown ink and colored with prismacolor pencils.
   I also used the gold metallic pen on the ridges of the bottle design as I thought they looked kinda like fancy glass windows.
  Alright I guess I had better get ready for work....
    Take Care
          Tera



No comments: