Monday, November 19, 2012

Fall Truck

Hallo,
   Well it was a good mail day here at the Fujan house!!! My DD got a letter telling her of a scholarship she has earned from University of Nebraska - Lincoln which is nicely hefty!!!! Puts UNL at number one option after the Military Academy :)
DD has an interview with a local Senators selection committee for the Academy nomination next week - she has already had one with another Senators committee. And she also got her most recent ACT score today - the AF Academy recruiter told her of she could bump her score by even 1 point she would be in the top third for selection and she did just that!!!!
I am so proud of my girl - she has done all the paperwork for applications and scholarships herself, not to mention the work of grades, sports, ROTC, and extra-curricular activities!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!
    Ok - on to todays card - I made this for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog which is for 'fall' - it was a it of a challenge for me as I am in full Christmas mode, so I had to back up a bit to fall :)
  I found the chipboard reindeer at Mike's and thought they would be great on Christmas cards but I think he looks pretty cool for fall too (now I wish I would have bought a couple more packets....)
  The main image is from Impression Obsession of course( Classic Truck - G1866) - colred with my prismacolor pencils. Check out the challenge here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com - if you join in you could win free stamps!!!!
   The reindeer I inked with tea dye distress ink and then sprayed with bronze colored glimmer mist and then glued him to the card.
  All for today - Take Care
        Tera


4 comments:

Shirley said...

Wonderful to hear about your daughter. You must be very very proud. Your card is just so beautifully Fall. Don't know if you get Fall in FL. Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Craftyfield said...

Love this image and how you colored it, great card !

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

HI Tara, Congratulations on your daughter's achievements, you must be so proud ! The Fall scene on your card is colored so well ! Love the moose beside the truck :)

Katie said...

Great Fall card! Awesome job coloring the image, the truck looks awesome and I love the fall colors. Also like deer! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.