Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Desert Silhouette

 Hallo,
   Another encaustic wax piece for you - or rather a combination of  8 smaller similar pieces.
   I had fun in my class this fall just experimenting with similar styles and colors and just modifying a little with each one - here are 2 different sets that I did that with but they match up well I think. One set is more gold and orange with the black silhouettes and the other more browns with gold and orange.
   It was really hard to get good pictures today due to the murky weather  -  first  I just layed the pieces on top of the frame - the top one with them all together is slightly more orange than real life
but the next 4 of individual pieces are just slightly paler than in real life but I think you will be able to 'see' how they look pretty well.
   The last 2 photos are taken with the pieces inside the frame so getting a good photo without glare was hard - combined with the fact that by this time it was raining outside and so I took them inside.
   I did all of these pieces with the wax and an iron - the lighter, more gold pieces I used a hot pen and wax to make the silhouettes and squiggleys.
   The frame size on this one is 23 inches wide at its widest and 11.5 inches tall - with each individual piece being 4 by 6 inches.
  Yup this one is up on the Etsy site too.....
    Take Care
   I am off to sleep - then I have 3 days off and a craft fair to do......
   Tera







No comments: