Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wedding gift box

Hallo,
  Well I seem to have slept off most of my headache and am feeling better this am - good thing because puppy is rowdy this morning waiting for her walk....
   I have had this gift box done for awhile and haven't shown it here yet, but it fits perfectly with this weeks Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes - which is to use a silouette image in you project. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   I used Flourishes wedding set and made a keepsake box with a memory book inside and a card to match - it makes a great gift. I used pretty papers in gold, cream, white and black and added the wedding couple to the lid of the box and the front cover of the memory book.
I covered the inside bottom of the box with white felt and used a couple different ribbons - one with gold and cream and a white one with little pearl beads.
  I have this one up on the Etsy shop.
I love to make these when I can customize to the wedding couples colors and the one I did for my Niece I added their wedding announcement to the inside of the lid.
  The box I used for this is a cigar box but I have used wood boxes from JoAnn's/Mike's/AC Moore &/or Hobby  Lobby.....
  The memory book is a chipboard book from Tim Holtz that I covered with matching papers.
    All for today - going to try and get a few things done today that I didn't yesterday and then will get me another nap after lunch as I work tonight.
   Have a great day!!!!
       Tera



3 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow this is gorgeous and so elegant. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Flourishes!

Denise Marzec said...

So beautiful. Love the papers and gorgeous lace. Thanks for joining us at the FTTC this week.

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning Tera!!!! Love the lacy details and your colours are so rich and beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes this week!