Friday, November 16, 2007

Knick Knack shelf

Hallo,

Short note tonight - worked today so no time at the craft table. But will show you a project I did last month. Found this little knick knack shelf at a thrift shop for $2.50, repaired a divit or 2 and painted it, then put a couple layers of gesso on the front doors so I could stamp and color on it easier. Stamped with Staz-on ink and colored in with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits then sealed it with a spray fixative. On the inside behind the shelves I put some pretty patterned paper. Then I made a double light switch plate to match - sanded a plain switch plate and again with a couple layers of gesso to stamp and color on, again with prismas and mineral spirits.
Hoping to get some time at the craft table tomorrow (have some more gift boxes to finish- but first I have a garage sale to go to ("craft items - lots of stamps" - 7 am sharp, first stop :) then a craft fair to check out...
All for now
Tera

No comments: