Thursday, November 22, 2007

More boxes - non Christmas ones

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!!
I had a little time to play today before and after the big pig out :) I started on the non Christmas gift boxes for my craft fair next week. I did one with a Fight Breast Caner theme and a guyish one - BBQ King. They both went together fairly quickly - I thought it would take me longer to embellish and make the tags for non Christmas stuff but was pleasantly surprised.
My Mom was discovered to have Breast Cancer this October so the Breast Cancer theme hit a note with me - I think the box turned out cute though, I used some old pink ribbon from my last garage sale finds and pulled out my new stamp set from 'My Favorite Things' (part of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer research). Fortunatly Mom's cancer was caught very early so the prognosis is about as good as it gets!!! She doesn't even need to have chemo (except some estrogen blockers) and no radiation either.
For the BBQ King box, I kept it simple - with brads along the rims and bottom of the tags, some letter stickers, some samll rope and of course BBQ Fella from my stash of Bella's and Fella's.
All for now.
Tera

No comments: