Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Paper Pieced Hugs

Hallo,
Barely got anything done at the craft table today - it was just too beautiful outside. Just as I finished off the yard work I needed to get done one of my expected packages of bulbs/plants arrived so if course I had to get them planted (not only do I work tomorrow but its sposed to rain so had to get them planted). My DH doesn't call what I do gardening so much as "planting frenzys". I have one more shipment of plants and bulbs coming - hopefully by the weekend so I can get them planted while I am off.
Here's one card I got done today.
It uses this weeks sketch from CPS
www.cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com . I had a hard time with the strips along the top and sides - just couldn't fit them into my card so the 2 layers of ribbon are what I came up with. I also changed up the main image a bit as I liked it better shifted to the side a bit.

The stamp set is one of my recently new ones from My Favorite Things
www.mftstamps.com
I colored her with my prismacolor pencils and then paper pierced her skirt, the couch, and part of the backround.
Layers cut with nesties - rectangle and label.
I highlighted the phrase a bit with a white gel pen to make it show up better.
All for today - time to try to find something to go with the roast in the crock pot since I didn't stick tatters in...
Take Care
Tera









2 comments:

Chris said...

I just love paper piecing and there are so many great details here...it came together nicely! Thank goodness for the crockpot - leaves more time for stamping. :)

Thanks so much for playing along with the CPS sketch this week. I am so thrilled to be the sponsor and I am having a lot of fun playing along with the sketches too on my own blog – http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com. Hope you can check them out!

Linda Beeson said...

What a sweet card! Cute image, great colors and good use of that CPS sketch.