Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weathered Cannot

Hallo,
Finished off another of these yesterday - I plan on making a bunch over the next few weeks so bear with me. This one I have given to my Neighbor who is battleing brain cancer.
I used alot of different stuff on this little canvus, it is a 5X7 canvus that I started out with a base coat of watercolor washes, put on a layer of clear gesso, stamped flourished from Cornish Heritage Farms
www.cornishheritagefarms.com in brown ink.
Next I stamped the lighthouse onto a white paper napkin and glued to the canvus with gel medium.
When that layer was dry I painted it with gouche paints (halfway between watercolors and acrylics for transparency). Lighthouse is from 'Stamps Happen'
Next I stamped the 'What Cancer Cannot Do' also from Cornish Heritage Farms in black onto vellum and cut the shape with my nestabilities and glued it down with gel medium.
Lastly I used 'Distress crackle paint from Ranger - weathered wood - to paint the chipboard flourishes and the sides of the canvus.
I am having alot of fun with all these gel mediums, acrylic medium, clear gesso and ect - makes it easy and fun to build up transparent layers....
The hard part is waiting for each layer to dry so I can do the next....
All for today - gotta get to the craft room if I am to have anything to show you the next couple days while I am at work at the real job (verses my pretend crafty dream job...LOL)
Take Care
Tera