Monday, March 2, 2009

Swim Coach Thank U

Hallo,
I had a great weekend - hope you all did too.
I got some yard work done saturday am before our latest cold front moved in. We hads highs of 68 on sat. and woke to 27 degree windchill - brrrr.
So today I started playing with more of my watercolor/gesso/gel medium chipboard/distress crackle paint experiments - and while it was drying I decided it was high time I did a sketch challenge for once. I haven't done any in sooo long, and I needed a Thank-you card for the kiddos Swim Coaches .
This card was done using Jenn's sketch for this week - www.iheart2stamp.com and used all stamps from Gina K - www.ginakdesigns.com
I used the Middle school colors - colored with prismacolor pencils, a little gold krylon, and some white embossing powder.
Both the sweatshirt and the ribbon took me 3 tries - I had thought the sweatshirt should be blacker and made an atempt at sponging black in after embossing the words but it was too dark, my first attempt at the sweatshirt had very crocked letters. The ribbon I tried to emboss the 'coach' in gold twice and didn't like it and ended up with white.










These pics were taken on saturday while I was out doing yard work - this first one is our red maple starting to put out a bud - Sunday these buds were all gone due to the wind - very windy30mph with gusts to 40ish...





These next 2 pictures are of some of my azalea bushes - they are accually a little skimpy this year due to the dry summer we had last year but still some very pretty flowers.
All for today - Take Care.
Tera











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute card and beautiful pics! thanks for playing! hugs-jd