Thursday, May 14, 2009

SFYTT Chalk Cottage

Hallo,
Another version of yesterdays card - again I used all stamps from Cornish Heritage Farrms and you can find then here - http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
I again used this weeks sketch from Jen - SFYTT - and you can find it here - http://www.iheart2stamp.com/
The main image is a Thomas Kinkade stamp called 'Friendship Cottage' and the backrounders are 'victorian leaves and houndstooth.
I used distress ink - peeled paint and tea dye on the leaves backrounder, walnut stain on the houndstooth. On the TK I used SU's close to coaco.
I lightly colored the TK image with chalks and edged it with walnut stain ink.
Again some ribbon and an old button from my garage sale stash.
Hopefully I am getting a little stamping done today so I can line up some stuff for you to look at while I am off getting smarter in New Orleans.... I plan to bring my camera and my computer so I may have time to get some pics of the river sity to show you. I don't plan on doing much for after hours 'touring' (I did that waaayyy back in 89 when I had a 3 month travel assignment there as a single chick - hardly saw New Orleans in the daylight at all back then...).

I am bringing some stamped images and my markers and pencils to do some coloring in the evenings, along with my 'photoshop for dummys' to play with and a good book.....we'll see how much I get done.....
Sorry for this last photo being a little blurry - took about 5 pics close up but they were all blurry.
Take Care
Tera

P.S. Check out the latest issue of Stampers' Sampler - The kiddos thought I was crazy as I was Happy Dancing in the kitchen - I am the 'Masterboard' section this time - Like ALL of it!!!! THREE WHOLE PAGES!!!!!! So much fun!!!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Lovely and such a unique techinque too! I love the button and the lace too!