Monday, September 21, 2009

Koi Relax

Hallo,
I hope everyone had a good weekend!!! I worked all weekend so now I am off for a couple days - house work, yard work, some crafting, running kiddos around. Both kiddos have had nasty head colds - DD last weekend and DS this weekend - so hopefully we are done with it....
I did this plaque for the 'Terrific Tuesday' challenge over at the Flourishes Blog - http://www.flourishesnewsletter.blogspot.com/

The challenge was to 'mix things up' and once I start to list all the different companies stamps that I used to make this you'll agree that I definatly mixed it up!!! :) and as usual I am getting in just under the wire for this challenge!!!!
All right - stamps list - First are several stamps from 2 of my newest sets from Flourishes - the Koi fish, water lilies, lounge chair, water swirl and palm trees with hammock.

From Cornish Heritage Farms - the palm trees in the backround and the tiny kitten by the chair - both from their 'Scene It ' line.
From Stampin' Up - 2 different grass stamps.
From Stamping Bella - the little cruise ship (I saw and ad in a travel magazine with huge koi fish and a small cruise ship so I had to copy it).
And finally the word is a partial stamp from My Favorite Things.
Do ya think that is 'mixed up' enough for ya? :)

I colored the Koi fish, hammock scene and cruise ship with copics and then colored over them with an embossing pen and embossed them with clear powder.
Then I sponged in blues for the sky and pond and stamped the backround palm trees, grasses, and water swirls. then spongeing some more browns on the risht side and added some highlights with a white gel pen. And lastly edged the panel with gold krylon pen.



The panel with the chair I cut with one of my nesties and then sponged it with blues while still in the die. Then stamped the chair and the kitten and colored them with copics, and highlighted with white gel pen. Then I inked up just the word 'relax' from the phrase and stamped it.
The waterlilies are colored with copics and cut out to layer on top.
Layers are glued down with gold shimmer mod podge which looks really cool IRL but the soft shimmer doesn't pick up very well in my photos. I then edged the plaque with gold krylon.
All for now - got lots of schtuff to do - anyone got any extra energy to spare? :)
Take Care
Tera

1 comment:

Betty Wright said...

Just stunning, Tera!!! Beautiful colors, coloring, and detailing!!! Wonderfully done!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!