Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Singing Pumpkins

Hallo,
I finally managed to get my day rolling and get some errands done - spent along time on the phone this am. Talked with my Mom for quite awhile and then one of my greatest friends from AZ called and we talked about an hour - we hadn't talked in quite awhile so alot of catching up to do with personal and family stuff and then of course since she is an ICU Nurse also we always end up talking about work.......
Anyway - todays project was going to be a card when I started it but it turned into a plaque instead.... I found the wood plaque at the Dollar store and replaced the string to hang it with wire (after decorating it of course).
The main image is some cute singing pumpkins from Holly Berry which I colored with my copics, then I added the spider flourish from Inkadinkado and the Happy Halloween is from Hero Arts (a long time ago - 1990 - but one of my most used at Halloween time).
As I was deciding how to make the panel into a card I found the orange/red paper somewhere in the many piles on and around my desk and thats when the idea for the plaque came - I glued the paper and panel on with mod podge and let it dry.


Next I painted the edges with walnut stain crackle paint and let it dry. After it was dry I rubbed walnut stain ink over the crackle and then added the wire.
I may have to make up a few more of these....
I have been coloring on the couch in the evenings the last couple days so we'll see if I can get any of them made up into cards or plaques today - I have some house cleaning to do yet and some sprucing up in the craft room to do also before I can craft - I bought my self a big CD rack that holds a bout 900 CD's and it spins - was really hoping it would fit right by my desk but it doesn't :( - so it will be at the edge of my craft room for now (until I can get some of my piles taken care of - literally piles of stuff I have found at thrift stores and garage sales that I plan to alter.....)


Well if I am to get anything crafty done today, I had best get to my chores!!!!
Don't be too surprised if I don't post the next couple days - I work the next 2 so if I don't get anything crafty done today then I will plan on seeing you all on monday!!!
Have a great week!!!!











No comments: