Monday, September 14, 2009

Teal butterfly plaque

Hallo,
Lazy weekend for me - except for having one sick kiddo and one with a minor injury - did some of their chores (DH did some) and had a little time to spend at the craft table.
Yup I didnot decide which backround paper to use - I used all 3 and made 3 different plaques.
Here's the first one - with the teal paper. I added some corners and fragments from Tim Holtz and on this one a phrase from Cherry Pie.
I edged the paper with navy ink and used gold sparkle mod podge to glue the paper layers - although it is hard to see here.
The butterfly stamp is from Inkadinkado - colored with copics, clear embossed, and sponged with light purple, dark purple and navy, edged with a dark blue violet copic. The flourish and phrase are from Cherry Pie.
And I used some recycled copper wire to make the hanger. (DH works at a recycle center and when someone turns in unstriped sections of wiring from a construction site they don't use it because it takes alot of work to strip the rubber off to get to the wire...sooo he brings it home, strips it and then turns it in - after I grab a couple pieces....).
All for today - since I was soo lazy this weekend - I need to get some yard work and house work done today...... I have DD home sick today - she feels better but still not up to going to school....
Another plaque to show you tomorrow.
Take Care
Tera





















No comments: