Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fancy

Hallo,
I am preposting this - this is an AAhhhhh type of post.
The little tortie calico curled up next to the big gray lug is my old cat Fancy.
Fancy is now 19 and 1/2 years old . She predates the Hubby and the kids.
I had put together this post awhile back because my sweet old one was having seizures and I didn't think she would be with me much longer but she is still with us and hasn't had a seizure in about 5 months.(she had lost alot of weight and we think she was anemic - she has since gained some weight back - and has learned to constantly beg for more food :). So I decided to go ahead and show you all the pictures anyway :)


The big gray lug here is Shadow - all of 2 1/2 years old (rescued along with Mom and litter mates from under the bushes at the house next door - which was empty at the time). He is huge - weighs about 15 pounds - she weighs all of about 6 right now - but she keeps him and his brother well in line, she is definatly 'In Charge'.


This is my Fancy with the other big lug - Smitty, who also weighs in at about 15 pounds.








My DD and Fancy.
Fancy is the sweetest of cats - loves attention and has always 'nursed/loved on' my kiddos and me whenever one of us was sick - especially the kids!!! She was very good with the kids when they were young.
I got this old cat when I was living in Alaska as a bran new kitten. When the DH and I got married we drove the Alcan highway back home to Nebraska on our first leg to Germany - Fancy rode in the car with us down the Alcan and then flew over to Germany with us. And she flew back from germany 6 years later too. She travels very well and is in general one of the most easy going critters I have ever had.
All for now - Have a great weekend!!!
Tera

























No comments: