Friday, May 21, 2010

What's Cookin'

Hallo,
Well welcome to friday morning - 'runners take your places'....' bang' ....off and running this am....
I hit a bit of a wall yesterday and came home after work intending to sleep a bit and get up and get errands done - alas no errands, all sleep - slept till 330 and back to bed at 10 pm and slept ALL NIGHT - I guess I must have needed it because I am ready to go this am!!!
My town does an 'Art Walk' on friday evenings down on the strip of little shops on the main drag, and I have decided to set up tonight and give it a try (the best of the craft fairs for me in the fall is scheduled on my weekend to work this year - and I am no longer allowed to take vacation time on my weekends to work sooo......). In addition to gathering to set up at the Art Walk tonight, I need to get groceries and clean house......
These 2 cards today turned out really cute - I thought so anyway - as usual I couldn't chose which backround stamp I wanted to use as 'wallpaper' so I ended up with 2...


The backrounders are both from Cornish Heritage Farms - www.cornishheritagefarms.com
This first one is called 'ornamental borders' and the second one is 'sophisticated swirls'. I embossed them with white embossing powder onto the teal base cardstock.
The bottom portions of the card is a Technique Junkie terchnique called 'faux painted paneling' and is really easy to do. First you cut the white base to size - in this case the width of the card and however high you want. Then cut 1/4 inch strips the same height - and one 1/4 inch strip for the width. The strips are then glued onto the white base at 1/4 inch intervals.
I then used a gray copic marker to edge all the panels to give the impression of a shadow and a bit morre depth....
The main image and phrase are from Gina K designs and I paper pieced the aprons, coloring the rest with copic markers. www.ginakdesigns.com
The 'teal' colored rhinestones were colored to match with a copic marker.



All for now - time to 'shake a leg'
Have a great day!!!
Tera









1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

How fun are these! I just love her paper pieced aprons and the great beadboard.