Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hero Dad

Hallo,
This is going to be a really quick post - I am late and the DH is chomping at the bit (we are sposed to be going out to eat).
This is my second entry for this months Spotlight Guest Designer for Gina K. The challenge this month , in addition to using one of last months release sets was to get inspiration from a favorite movie.
The movie I chose was "A river runs through it".
This is another plaque - I guess I was in a plaque mood....
I first painted it with brown acrylic paint and when dry painted it with walnut stain distress crackle paint.
For the main image I used the 'Gone Fishin' set and colored it with a combination of copics and prismacolor pencils(blended with OMS). The phrase is from the Masculine lines set. both panels I used Spellbinders dies on - the big one just for the corners. Edged with copper mettalic pen as is the plaque itself.
All for now - gotta run.
Tera






No comments: