Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whimsy Design Team call



Hallo,



I cannot believe that I just discovered this lovely stamp company just today!!! Oh I admit I had seen some of their images on Splitcoast and some blogs, but I had never really 'looked' until today. I found Whimsy through a blogsurfin session that took me 4 or 5 away from where I started so I can't even credit the blog that got me started in Whimsy's direction today.



You NEED to check them out!!!! http://www.whimsystamps.com/



It just so happens that Whimsy is having a Design Team call. Oh what fun that would be - I would love to get my hands on some of their stuff!!!



This is my blog post for their DT application - alas since I don't have any of their stamps - YET - I chose a selection of some of my better recent projects to show them today.



This first is a card showing off my favorite thing to do - COLOR - this one with copic markers.



This second photo is of a plaque that I did using crackle paint as a base, with stamped - and colored - images on top. Again colored with copics.



My third project is a Father's Day card that I made using a technique called 'faux rusty metal' - showcasing another of my favorite things - TECHNIQUES. I love trying new techniques for stamping and backrounds!!! This particular technique is one of my new 'go to' techniques for guy cards, and in this card it fit perfectly. The image is colored again with copics and I 'colored' some 'rust' onto the tackle box and the bucket too.
Well off to write up the second half of my application - wish me luck!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Tera










1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Hi Tera,

Thanks so much for entering our DT call! Your artwork is lovely and you have a great blog! Good luck!

:)