Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Snowflake Soldier

Hallo,
Short note - gotta finish off dinner. DH put a roast in the crock pot before he left for work this am...we are using the crock pot more with me on night shift, makes things a bit easier.
Even though I worked last night - I don't work tonight so I got up about 1 . Trying to get moving I headed for the craft table :). And then when the kids got home we got in the pool for a bit (bit chilly today though) and I did an hours worth of water aerobics - so proud of myself :) hee hee.
Anyhow - I did this card last week for a challenge from Flourishes. Its a Christmas card challenge and this month is a sketch. You can find out more on the Flourishes blog - www.flourishes.org/blog/
or at the Flourishes forum over at Splitcoast Stampers.
With this card - the main image and phrase are from Flourishes. Colored with copics, cut with Spellbinders label die, distressed with tea dye distress ink, and edged with copper mettalic ink.

The backround behind the main image is a piece of 'faux rusty metal' technique from Technique Junkies. I ran it through the snowflake cuttlebug folder and highlighted the texture with whitte ink.
I added just a touch of red with clear rhinestoens that I colored with a copic marker.
All for today - going to try for a bit more craft table time before dinner.
Take Care
Tera







1 comment:

Justine said...

This is such a wonderful image. love your distressing. I just purchased a home in Crestview, isn't that close to Shalimar? I will be moving from Sicily, Italy. We haven't lived on the mainland USA since 2002. Yikes