Monday, May 7, 2012

Home sweet home

 Hallo,
    Well my week is a bit crazy already - backposting from thursday - I was sposed to be off monday and tuesday but a co-worker is out sick and to balance out the staffing a bit I switched and worked instead. It gives me 5 days off in a row starting wednesday but boy I can sure tell I am not as young as I used to be after 4  - 12 hour shifts in a row.....
  I did this card for the first of the release week challenges over at Flourishes which is a 'home sweet home ' decor challenge. Pick something from your home and use it as inspiration for a card. I picked the vase you see in the first photo - I just loved the colors and patterns when I found this one and the 2 others in the set at a thrift store, so they came home with me.

   I used 2 different Flourishes stamps for my card - the first is the hollyhocks colored with copics onto some new to me paper -  called neenah desert storm - works great for copics and I love the beigey/vintageish color.
   The base layer is kraft cardstock that I stamped and embossed with gold the flourish background from Flourishes and then sponged inks into the 4 sections to match the colors in the vase and the flowers.
  I layered the main image to dark brown paper and added some bronze accents with a viva decor pen.
  Check out all the challenges and prizes to be won over at Flourishes this week here - www.flourishes.org/blog/

 Have a great week!!!
  Tera

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

Oh those hollyhocks are so rich looking! Beautifully colored! And I love how you've created the background, it really has the feel of the vase! Thanks so much for playing with us at Flourishes!