Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Vacation

Hallo,
  Well it was very hard to get up early today but old Meow (my sweet but persistant 21 year old cat) decided that I needed to be awake to feed her and pay her some attention :).
   After old meow had her attention, she allowed me some time in the craft room and I finished up a card for the current challenge over  on the IO (Impression Obsession ) blog.
  The challenge this time is for 'summer celebrations' and you can check it out here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
   To me, one of the best parts of summer is taking a trip of some sort and do something new and fun.
This bridge scene 'covered bridge scene' #H1781 reminds me of the trip when we took our kids white water rafting for the first time. We had soo much fun - even DH who doesn't swim  - my son caught so much air on one rapid that he was about 4 feet above the raft and would have be overboard if DH hadn't caught the strap of the PFD (personal flotation device) and hauled him back down - meanwhile DS was grinning from ear to ear.....the look on his face could only have been described as manic glee!!!
  While we were in the area - stayed at a local cabin - we did some driving around and found a covered bridge that had been used in an old movie - thats why this scene reminds me of that vacation :)
  I colored the scene with copics and edged it with copper mettalic pen and layered it to a piece of copper mettalic cardstock that I ran through a texture folder. I then added some accents with a bronze viva decor pen. I have to admit that the colors turned out more fallish than summer - ah well just think late summer :)
  Alrighty - I had better look at getting something started for super and maybe pick up around the house just a bit.....anyhow if I sit down too much longer I will be asleep :)  such is the nature of a night shift worker woke up after 4 hours sleep by a persistant  old meow :)
   Take Care
          Tera


4 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Tera, that is just so lovely and Summmer shady wonderful! It's like sitting in the cool shade looking at it! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Tera! Love your scene, and OMG, that background is wonderful - great idea!

Craftyfield said...

Love the embossing background and the detail with the Viva pen.

Vicki G said...

So very Pretty Tera! I love the copper background! Delicious! Thanks for playing with us at IO!

Vicki