Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sweet

Hallo,
  A quick card this am then off to bed for a nap - I don't work tonight but will get up early to run some errands...
  This is my last entry for the Birthday challenges over on the Flourishes blog - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  You have until next week to enter for a great gift package.
   I did this card for the 'Something Sweet' challenge and this set was a perfect match for the challenge.
  I stamped the watermelon, fork and phrase on white cardstock and the pieces on another piece of cardstock and colored them with copics. I cut the main piece out with a Spellbinders die and fussy cut the pieces to layer over the main piece.
  I used a cute red and green checked ribbon to thread through the lattice of the die cut and tied it in a bow. Layered that to a dark red polka dotted piece of DP and then to a base of kraft cardstock.
All right - time to try to sleep, one of my tasks for today is to gather all of my sweet ol dogs stuff together and clean the porch a bit which will be tough. I had just bought a fresh bag of dog food and treats for my old boy.....I have a coworker with a couple dogs that I will pass those onto - not like my ol boy  was sick, he just had some bad spine problems and arthritus that we couldn't keep him comfortable anymore......wish me luck.....
  Guess that means I have to clean my patio window too - it made me sad to see all the nose prints this morning as I look toward the patio.....
   "My windows aren't dirty - thats my dogs nose art"
   Take Care
      Tera

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK! Tera this is totally CUTE! I love how you weaved the plaid ribbon through the frame, very country and CUTE!

ChristineCreations said...

SO CUTE Tera! I lvoe that plaid ribbon and the stacked up watermelon!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow... delish looking Tera! I love, love, love the way you colored this up!