Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vintage Wedding

Hallo,
  Well almost nap-time for me today - working tonight....my DD and I got back from our trip to Nebraska yesterday and I have spent most of today doing laundry, dishes, cleaning and one last run for school supplies and clothes (school starts on Monday!!)....now for a bit of blog time before nap :)
   Our trip was really nice with great cool weather, lots of family and lots to do :)
   I did this card last week before we left and was going for a vintagey wedding card with blacks and creams. I embossed the wedding couple from Flourishes onto patterned paper (you can see the design of the DP through the embossing - seen best in the third picture!! - so cool!!!)
  I then cut the couple out with a Spellbinders oval die and backed it with a scalloped oval and added pearls with a cream viva decor pen.
  I used another Spellbinders frame die over some DP with music on it  - I put some corner rub-on's in the corners of the music DP before layering the rest on top. I then layered a cream pattern ribbon and a ribbon with roses (its origionally white but I used some antique linnen distress ink on it, spritzed it with water and let it dry first) I added more pearls with the cream viva decor pen in a row along the bottom of the ribbon and in the center of the roses.
  The base cardstock is kraft, as is the frame die and both are edged with tea dye ink - the frame and the music DP are also edged with a gold mettalic pen.
   This card fits nicely with the current Timeless Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which is to use kraft cardstock - check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   All for today - Take Care
       Tera

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful wedding card Tera!! I love the kraft, black and ivory color combo and the ribbon with the roses! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Amanda said...

WOW! WoW! What a stunning card for a wedding! The colors you chose and the way you designed it looks absolutely fantastic!! I love the Spellbinders frame and the flowers :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!

~ Amanda :)