Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vintage Hummingbird

 Hallo,
   Well I didn't get done what I had planned to get done in the craft room today or yesterday....I sat down yesterday to make up some cards (I am planning on making cards for each of the gals who took my 'Coloring for cardmakers ' class but still have 3 or 4 to go) but I didn't feel like making a card - I wanted to do something else....first I tried a frame, but couldn't find a frame that hit me right, then I found this wooden hanging that I got somewhere for a pitance so I pulled out one of the images I did for class and started pulling out papers to put down as a first layer, which I did with decapage glue.
   Well I pulled out one set, then another, and yet another but couldn't decide....meanwhile as I tried to decide I cut up some cardboard and some paint - tourquoise blue and a sparkly bronzish/copper and pulled off the first layer and distressed the cardboard a bit and painted it.
   So now I could chose the paper - 2 with some blues to match the paint and 2 in a pinkish maroon to bring out the pink in the flowers. I edged another piece of DP with the same blue paint from the cardboard.
  Next I cut out the main image with a Spellbinders die and edged it with a mettalic gold pen. The main image is from Flourishes - colored with watercolors and pencils. I am using this for the current tuesday challenge over at Flourishes - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   After all the layers were dry I layed them out, and then rearranged them, and rearranged again - several times total and decided it needed something more and started digging through stuff and found a vintage cloth napkin that was a good size and that was what it needed. So I glued the layers down and then layed a book on top to keep it all flat.
  Once I got 5 minutes in the craft room this am I played with it some more and added the flowers with a bronze buttom that has a blue center. And that was all I got done in the craft room today - had to get groceries and go to the bank and I took the puppy for a long walk in the woods, which is just her very favorite thing - she always looks at me like ' your kidding, we CAN'T be done already' after we've walked an hour or more.....
   Oh yes I also stopped at JoAnn's - they had some great sales on fabric so I added to my 'locker hook' stash - I have been a bad girl this week!!!
   Ah well I am going to lay down now for a nap before working tonight - earlier than usual but I am tired and I will have a short sleep day tomorrow so I can go watch my DD's softball game.
  Take Care
        Tera
 




1 comment:

Deborah Anton said...

Lovely card and image! Great elements you've added... Thanks for joining us in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!