Monday, January 13, 2014

Prayer journal

Hallo,
  Well I was going to save this project to show you another day but haven't got anything else to show you this am and don't feel much like moving outta my chair here in front of the computer just yet....soooo....I finally got all the Christmas decs down on sat am and the boys DS and second son Austin put them back up in the garage attic yesterday for me but I am fighting a major head cold, cough, sore throat the whole whiney shebang so I may not get much done today.....I even called in sick to work last night which is unusual for me (it has been over a year since I called in sick...)
   My house really needs cleaning, puppy wants a walk (too cold this am - maybe this afternoon), we could use a few groceries and there is a ton of stuff to do in my craft room.....ah well we will see how much energy I can muster in a bit...after all the house, craft room and puppy will still be here tomorrow.....
   I finished off this little project end of last week...I took a journal and altered it  - the base is a white core cardstock that I dry embossed and sanded off - I used this for both the front and back covers and edged the edges with metallic gold pen.
   The main image starts with 'anemones' from' Flourishes' - stamped once in black memento and twice - once to either side - with gray (London fog) memento inks and colored with Koh-I-Noor pencils onto cryogen white cardstock.
   I embossed the phrase from 'Prickly Pear' with black and then added the beaded frame and some gold corner stickers.
  The blue ribbon was a last minute thought - pretty and I left a long tail to use as a bookmark.
  All for this am - I am almost finished with another locker hook rug so I think I will work on that for a bit and let the cold medicine take a hold before I attempt some cleaning.....boy I am such a whimp when I am sick..... :)
   Have a great day!!!
          Tera

P.S. This journal is up in the Etsy shop......


No comments: