Friday, April 10, 2015

The Black Pearl

 
 Hallo
   Well I am showing you today the first project completed since I got into my new studio. From my new adventure is encaustic wax painting but somehow my stamping addiction always creeps in :)
  After many layers of wax painting for the base and background I used a photo transfer  technique for the ship and then I embedded the pirate image which I have had colored up for some time now - he was colored with prismacolor pencils.
 Lastly I added real oyster shells with a black pearl and a gold sword both made of polymer clay - the sword was done with a silicone mold.
  I really had fun playing with this and am happy to say that it turned out almost exactly as I had planned on.
  The images I used are from Sweet Pea Stamps - Black Pearl and Ancient One by Joanne Schempp.
  Take care
     Tera






No comments: