Monday, March 17, 2008

Challenge and Sketch

Hallo,
Only one card to show you today but its a duo purpose one. Vickie http://www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com challenged us to make a card from a packet she made up for us and this is what I came up with. The image and patterned paper are from 'Crafty Secrets - Heartwarming Vintage"
This card works for Beates' weekend sketch
also. http://www.beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com
I used sepia laquer from Ranger on the picture and then a little Glimmer Mist on the backround paper and the ribbons to pick up the tones of the sepia. I did the sepia thick enough to crack a little when it dried for an old fashioned cracked glass look. I edged the picture and the green layer under the picture both with cooper krylon and cut the corners out with my cuttlebug from the same green paper.
The second photo shows a close up of the one corner so you can see the cracks, and the third photo shows the other corner - showing the ribbon more.

I also started another project - making magnets out of flat marbles - that I will start showing you pics of tomorrow.
All for now
Tera
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs and smiles

Charmingdesigns said...

I really like this card!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love the antiquing you did with the paper and lace. The cracked glass technique is perfect for this vintage image.

Carol (HB) said...

GORGEOUS! I love the sepia cracked glass effect!

CreativeMish said...

This turned out great!

rose said...

oh I loved what you did with Vicki`s challenge with the card,very nice

Robin Desko said...

Love your take on the challenge! Great corners, just so pretty.