Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shrink leaves

Hallo,
Gotta get rollin today if I am to have any time to craft - the DH and I, along with a friend who's done it, before are going to install a new liner in our above ground pool today - wish us LUCK - LOTS OF LUCK!!! The kids have been eager to get in the pool - although its a little cool this am - only 63 right now....
Today I have for you a braclet made with shrink art charms. The charms are a little bigger than I had envisioned so I will have to do another one with smaller charms eventually. I plan to make a necklace and earrings to go with this ...eventually :).
To make these I used several backrounder stamps from CHF http://cornishheritagefarms.com/ - I used 'pretty pattern', 'sophisticated swirls' and 'geometric flowers'. I stamped them in various colors of staz on - blazing red, saddle brown, timber brown, mustard, pumpkin and olive - then I colored them with chalks in fall colors. I traced several leaf patterns and cut them out, punched a hole for the jump ring and then shrunk them. I attatched them to the chain with jump rings and them added a magnetic clasp. I did add a little gold krylon to the edges of the leaves too. *Tip* When using shrink paper for charms use the translucent or clear to show pattern on both sides - if you use white, the pattern won't show on the back side (I love the white for pins where the back doesn't show - the white gives very clear, sharp lines when you stamp).
All for today.
Take Care
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: