Friday, September 12, 2008

Coffee tag and card

Hallo,
Showing you a tag and a card that I made to go with the coffee jar from yesterday. The tag was easy to see with the bottle yesterday but I thought I would give you a close up...
I used a regular 'Office Depot' tag and grunged it up with distress inks - tea dye, walnut stain and antique linen, and then added some SU 'elegant eggplant'. The stamps are from 'Flourishes' and I paper pieced them onto DP using Distress black soot. The round tag is also from 'Office depot' - had a silver rim but I used my gold krylon on it 'cause I liked the gold better with this paper.
The fibers I used are pieces of yarn left over from a rash of knitting scarves last year and the brown on the bottom of the tag is some I found at A.C. Moore and have been using alot - need to find more !!!
On the card I used the stacked cups as a backround on kraft cardstock and paper pieced the big cup and another stack of small cups - then cut them apart to use as 'hanging' cups off the ribbon - more of that great brown trim...
Then as I thought the card needed something I took on cup in the 'backround' and outlined it with a brown sharpie, colored it in, and then put a layer of 'chrystal laquer' over it ti make it stand out a bit.
All for today - Take Care
Tera

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very pretty! I like what you did with your paper piecing and also the way you did the dark brown trim.