Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Blog Award and a new project

Hallo,
I was sooo excited to get this today :) - It is from fellow 'Technique Junkie' Nancy - I visit her blog some but since she is a TJ'er I see most of her cards via our TJ yahoo group - you can check out her blog here - http://www.inkblocks.blogspot.com/

I am sposed to pass the award on to 7 Lovely Blogs

1 - Vicki

http://www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com/

2 - Keri

http://www.pinklemonade.typepad.com/

3 - Carol B
www.motherslittlehelper.typepad.com
4 - Kirsten
www.kirstendubosque.blogspot.com
5 - Stacey
www.thequeenscreations.blogspot.com
6 - Carol S
www.raisedincotton.typepad.com
7 - Charity
www.meaningfulmenagerie.blogspot.com
The last 4 gals come from my list of Creative/Crafty Nurses :)






On to todays project - the beginging of it anyway. This old briefcase was found at a garage sale and I couldn't resist it - knew I wanted to cover it but what with. It took me several months to get a really good idea going....then a few more months to start my pile (my gathering of stuff that I think will look good with my "IDEA") and now a total of over a year later-ish I am now steeling my nerves to accually DO SOMETHING with the briefcase (afterall that was one of the things on my New Years resolutions list - use up some of my schtuff...).
This first pic is the outside after I painted it with black gesso - the case was black but I wasn't sure if the surface would 'take' what I wanted to do - hence the gesso which I knew would work...







This and the next couple pics are of the inside - it has this great houndstooth pattern - its not cloth -which when I first saw it, hoped it was - but vinyl and in really good shape - almost no wear marks.




















This photo is the begining of "THE IDEA" and involves a masterboard I did months ago using stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms
www.cornishheritagefarms.com - including their 'houndstooth' and 'sophisticated swirls' backrounders and stamps from their 'Beautiful set along with some ladies from Hero Arts.
I have made several cards with copies of this masterboard but I really had intended it for this briefcase.....
Tomorrow I will show you more pics as I started to play today...
Have a great Day!!!
Tera







No comments: