Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The 'Idea' and experimenting

Hallo,

I have had this idea forming in my head for a week now - it all started with me bopping around some art blogs verses stamping blogs.....

One gal who paints watercolors was talking about clear gesso - my first thought was COOL....layers on top of each other with clear gesso inbetween so the layers were kept seperate but layered....

Her web site - http://www.kellyinkstudio.blogspot.com/

Then she started talking about gel medium and acrylic medium and those sound really cool too.....but I decided to play with the clear gesso first.

I did a bit of watercolor painting in high school and early collage but that was many years ago - I keep saying that now that the kids are older I want to try and pick it up again....but for now I have this vision of a mixed media watercolor, stamped thing....

This first and third pics are first sprayed with color wash sprays from Stamp Zia - http://www.stampzia.com/

I waited until they were dry to the touch, dried them a little more with my heat gun and then spread on the clear gesso with a wide brush - and as you can see they smeared/blended which is still a cool look but not what I had envisioned....



The first and second photo is done on a small stretched canvus and the last 2 pics was heavy cold press watercolor paper - the 'pattern' held a little better on the watercolor paper but still blended in too much.

I will have to be more patient and let things dry longer for the next batch - and now that I have gessoed them - I will have to let them dry at least over night (I work the next 2 days so will continue to play on friday).

I will have the second half of this batch to show you tomorrow.

All for now - Take Care

Tera















No comments: