Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Purple Lighthouse collage

Hallo,
Played with some of the backrounds I made using the gouache,acrylic, clear gesso, and gel medium yesterday. This one on watercolor paper.
Took this one which is gouache base with clear gesso on top (left dry over the weekend - didn't get a chance to play sat. ands worked Suanday).
First I added some flourishes from Cornish Heritage Farms www.cornishheritagefarms.com
Beautiful set in dark brown ink. Then stamped the lighthouse in black memento ink and colored it with my prismacolor pencils.
I have learned that I don't like the clear gesso for colored pencils - the surface it leaves is very rough so your not going to get a smooth look or be able to blend the colors as nicely - although in some spots the extra texture turned out nice - I like how it looked with the clouds.
Next I took the flower stamped and sponged on some purple acrylic paint that I had thinned a bit with acrylic medium (just to see how it would work/look) and stamped it at the bottom of the paper.
I may add a phrase to the top right hand corner eventually but couldn't decide so will wait for now and we'll see what I do with it later.






A couple close up shots for you and I will prepost for tomorrow (tuesday) and hopefully have time to play so I can show you more stuff on wed (which I work...)
Have a great Day!!!
Tera



No comments: