Thursday, June 24, 2010

Glimmer Christmas

Hallo,
In addition to finally resolving a tiff with DD that started yesterday (tuesday accully but came to a head yesterday) - (ahhh the joys of teenagers sometimes - I guess I have gotten the Mean-ol-Mom-of-the-year award so many years running I had to make sure I had it all wrapped up once again....) - I did manage to get some cards done.
The first 2 I did I wasn't happy with - normally I would show you anyway but I just don't have the energy to take the photos, edit them and post them so am going to just show you the 2 I did like.
I did these both for this weeks 'Summer Fling' - focus on thier ATC (All Things Considered) line of stamps over at Cornish Heritage Farms this week. I only have one set from that line - Haute Conture. Check out the details on their blog - http://www.becreative.cornishheritagefarms.com/

Both these cards started with white cardstock that I sprayed with glimmer mist - juniper and gold for this one and a bright red (can't remember the name) and gold for the next one.
On this one I stamped the frame and phrase with navy ink and then cut it out with a Spellbinders label die and embellished with some pearls. I kept it simple because it really show off the glimmer - which doesn't show up well in the photos.


On the second one I stamped with brick red distress ink and cut it out with a different Spellbinders label die and embellished with rhinestones and backed it with some DP from Basic Grey.
All for now - going to head back to the craft room for a bit and then venture out to the pool to lay around a bit....
Have a great day!!!
Tera







No comments: