Monday, September 27, 2010

Gina K Blog Hop!!!!

Hallo,
I am so excited to be here today!!!!! I was at party/family reunion for my Mom and Step-Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary this weekend so couldn't get in on yesterdays blog hop....
Our plane got in about noon today and I went straight to the craft room with the package of stamps that was waiting for me :)
Let me tell you this release from Gina K is AWESOME!!! I was without Internet all weekend at home so I haven't had a chance to even look at what the gals did with yesterdays previews!!!! But I see some serious computer time for me after dinner tonight!!!!
My DH has been so sweet to me today - he did the laundry, cleaned the pool and is now cooking dinner so I can get this up for you all :).
This first card uses the 'Fanciful Fall' set and I had a totally different backround in mind for my pile of pumpkins - but somehow it didn't look right so I had to hunt through my pile of DP and came up with this DP .
I did a bit of masking and used several of the images in this set to decorate my pumpkins. I loved how this phrase fits in the big pumpkin. Colored with copics and cut out - the top pumpkin is popped up on foam tape.



For this second card I used the new 'So Groovy' set and I couldn't resist doing some paper piecing with the funky van.... I almost used the flower DP behind to paper piece but that was just too obvious :)....
I shaded a bit with copic markers - and the tires. Used a silver metallic pen for the bumpers and door handles.






For more samples with tonight's new stamp sets, please visit these participating designer's blog links:


The entire team would like to cordially invite each of you to our release party this Thursday night, September 30. We'll have contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots of samples with the new stamp sets to share during the party. Please make plans to join us from 7-10 central on StampTV!
That's all for me tonight!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!
See you tomorrow for more Gina K treats!!!!
Take Care
Tera

15 comments:

Lee said...

Oh look at you!! Those decorated pumpkins are DA BOMB!!!!! And the hippie van is just too cool man, too cool!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Look a pile of punkin's, how cute and I love it! The groovy card below is rockin' as well!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kay S said...

Cool cards! Really funky and fun, especially that pile of pumpkins!

Becky said...

Fabulous job on the new releases.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Great job on there Tera!

joy said...

Great cards - I really like the Autumn Blessings card.

Karen W said...

Wow I love the pumpkin card, I may have to have that set. Fantastic!

Miesje said...

Fantastic Tera! You did a super job on these cards! Love the use of the DP and the pumpkins are absolutely wonderful!

Jennie said...

What a sweet hubby you have Tera!!! Beautiful designs and love the way you did the pumpkins and that is one cool flower behind that nice 70's bus!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Yes, your hubby rocks! LOL! Love your 'pile' of pumpkins too! That dp is perfect for them! And that groovy van is way cool man!

Carla S. said...

Terrific cards, Tera! Love the pile of pumpkins and the mod hippie van! Great job!

Theresa Momber said...

Wonderful cards, Tera! Love all the super-imposed images on the pumpkins! Super creative and gorgeous. Awesome hippie retro van!

Jessica said...

Having trouble with the comments again! I love your cards, The colors are exquisite! Thanks for sharing, and giving me inspiration!

Carolyn King said...

Loving all the creative way you used these stamps---great cards!!! Love the stacked pumpkins and the way you pulled in lots of other images from the set!

Melanie said...

that pumpkin collage is so creative, super spooky!