I am off to bed right quickly here - my bed is every so softly calling my name....it was a busy couple nights at work but I say that alot don't I . It is job security though, so I should not complain. It is one of my favorite sayings that between cigarettes, fast food and denial I will never be without a job.......
I finished off this 8X10 canvus this weekend and am really tickled how it turned out!!!!
I started by painting the white canvus with cream and purple acrylic paint and when it was dry lightly brushed on some gold acrylic paint.
For the next step I got out my glimmer mist and some glimmer screens (from Tattered Angels) and put down a layer of glimmer mist in purple. When that was dry I lightly brushed on a little more of the gold mettalic paint.
The 2 shades of purple cardstock is from 'Paper Temptress' and have a pretty sparkle to them. The main panels were cut with a labels die and the fancy stuff behind is one of the new fancy tags - both from Spellbinders.
The large cross is from 'Holly Berry' and embossed with white embossing powder. All the other stamps are from 'Verve'. I stamped the cross and put on the white embossing powder - then stamped the phrase in black and used black embossing powder.
The wings are a 'Tim Holtz' die cut from heavy cardstock and again from printed paper.
The printed paper comes from an old Bible that I got at a garage sale with some other books. The Bibles cover was in tatters and most of the pages loose.
I glued the Bible pages to the heavy cardstock and then painted the back with cream acrylic paint - swiping some on the front. I had intended to put the wings up over the top edges so the back would show - thats why I painted the backs.....but in the end I liked this arrangement better. Then I added some gold mettalic acrylic paint on the edges and a few swipes....
The corners are also from 'Tim Holtz' and I lightly brushed a little of the gold paint on the texture of the corners so they would show up a bit better.
I stamped 'He has Risen' from the 'Verve' set on each of the 4 sides of the canvus.
Lastly I added some gold bead flourishes to the one side of the canvus.
I just love doing this kind of stuff - I have made a resolution (better late than never I guess) to make time to do more altered work like this.
This canvus went out in the mail today....can't tell who yet :).
I have 3 more canvus prepped to do something similar with. After sleeping a bit today , I plan to get all my chores done so tomorrow I can play all day with my canvus and acrylic paint, and stamps, dies cuts , embossing powders.....well you get the idea.....
Off to bed with me......