Friday, April 15, 2011

I AM BACK!!!!

Hallo,

I am finally back!!!! I got my new laptop thursday - I even drove to Pensacola to get it instead of waiting for it to ship to a Best Buy closer to me in Destin (its only an hour drive..) After 3 weeks of dinking around with my old laptop and not being able to be online as much, if at all, it is soooo nice to be back!!!

It has been a busy week - my nights to work at the begining of the week were very busy.....

Wednesday I slept about 2 hours and got up to take my DS to get his Learners Permit to drive....then got groceries and took another 2 hour nap....

Thursday I did a few things around the house and then headed to Pensacola to get my laptop - did a bit of shopping at the mall while I was there (because I almost never go to the mall and it was right by the Best Buy..) In the evening I went to a school function with my DD - she was inducted into the Honor Society !!! :) and then I managed to do a bit of playing on the new laptop.

Today was split between a rather iritating couple hours at the car dealer getting some things fixed and loading my computer - virus protection, photoshop, camera......but I did manage to get some pictures edited to show you today!!!!!

Well after all that if you are still with me.... I have an altered cigar box to show you today. I made one of these filled with cards for my MIL's birthday present, this one should be up on the etsy site tomorrow evening and I have one more to show you later that is going to be a gift for my Mom for Mother's day (shhhh - don't tell).


The first 2 pics show the top of the box. I covered the top, sides and inside the lip with DP. On top of the box - the main image is from FLourishes rubber stamps - masked, stamped and colored with copics.

I cut the main image and some layers under with Spellbinders dies. I edged the main panel with a gold mettalic pen.

The yellow panel is a piece of DP, crumbled, swiped with distress ink, and then stamped with a crackles stamp and embossed with white.

The flowers were done with ribbon - a variation of a Technique Junkie technique. The ribbon was snipped at 1/2 inch intervals and (using double sided tape) stuck down in a circle from outside to in - with a yellow brad in the middle. The bigger one used one long piece of ribbon and the second used 3 short scraps.


The 'feet' on the box are old drawer pulls that I found at a thrift shop for only 30 cents each. I drilled holes in the bottom of the box and used short screws to hold them(and a bit of glue for good measure).

The inside bottom of the box was lined first with a piece of felt and then with an old lace doilly - also found at a thrift shop - I really love how that turned out!!!!

I took alot of pictures this time eh!!! :)

The last picture shows the cards I will include inside the box when it goes up on the etsy shop - most I have already shown you....all stamps from Flourishes and colored with either copics or prismacolor pencils.

Well chatty as I am this afternoon, I had better get some dinner started and ready to go to work tonight.....DS has a buddy staying over tonight and they are going with a few friends to paintball tomorrow.

I have several projects to finish over the weekend so I will see you on Monday.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Take Care Tera


P.S. I hope the paragraphs are not all run together in this - blogger has been anti-paragraph for me lately.....




1 comment:

wwilloww said...

Gosh Tera, your altered cigar boxes are just gorgeous!!! I love what you did with the Flourishes stamps too!! They are absolutely beautiful!!