Monday, April 25, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Hallo,
Welome to another Monday morning. I hope everyone had a great Easter!!!! We had a nice quiet day - ate lunch at one of our favorite places on the water, the weather was beautiful!!!!

I worked last night so am off to bed here in a moment.....

Between friday and saturday I finished off another canvas and was really happy with how it turned out!!!!

Friday am I went for a walk with the pooch, did some yard work and then on my way to get groceries I decided to stop at one of my favorite thift shops. All the while I was thinking in the back of my head how I wanted to do up the next canvas.....
While I was wandering around the thrift store I came across this wire cross candle holder and I had a great idea!!! This little candle holder is about 7 inches high and 6 across and it only cost a dollar, so I decided to use it on the canvas.

I started out with a plain white canvas and painted it with cream and purple acrylic paints. Once it was dry, I used some purple glimmer mist and a glimmer screen (stencil) and sprayed the canvas with glimmer mist.

The wings are a Tim Holtz die that I cut out twice - once out of cardboard and once out of some pages from an old Bible that I had found at a garage sale (the covers had fallen off and alot of the pages are loose and some of the pages were pretty tattered too). I glued them together and painted the backs with cream acrylic paint - swipeing some on the front, also swiped a bit of mettalic gold acrylic paint too. I glued them down first.

I then glued the candle holder to the canvas useing chrystal laquer (it dries clear and it was the closest to me on my desk :).

I used the Tim Holtz corners again but painted then with the cream paint a bit of gold so it matched the candle holder better.
The phrases are both from Verve
The one on the front was stamped on some shimmery paper from Paper Temptress and embossed with white and layered onto darker paper (also from Paper Temptress) cut with one of the Spellbinders fancy tags.

The prases on the sides were a 3 line phrase that I stamped onto vellum (because it was handy - more on that in a moment...) and cut the lines apart so I could glue them to the sides. I used vellum because I had pulled out a bunch of scraps trying to find a leftover piece of gold shimmer vellum I knew I had (to use for the Jesus stamp...). Normally I would have used white tissue paper for this and let me tell you it would have been much easier to use the tissue paper!!!!! The vellum doesn't like to be glued down like that - it kept curling up. I eventually got it to lay flat and look nice but in the fucture I will definatly NOT use the vellum instead of white tissue paper !!!!

The Jesus stamp is one I had had for many years and have used alot - the name of the company that made it has worn off the side.....but I stamped him onto a piece of gold shimmery vellum and embossed him with gold. I then colored on the back with colored pencil to give just a hint of color.....I had first tried backing him with white cardstock so it would glue down easier but I wanted the cross to show through so on my second try I got out my xyron and ran the piece through so it was sticky all over the back and then stuck him onto the part of the cross where I wanted him - and it worked nicely (I wonder if that would have worked for the phrases......ah well something to try next time....).



I added some beaded swirls for accent and that was it....

I added this canvas to my Etsy shop
yesterday.

All for me today - my pillow awaits....

Take Care
Tera
















































No comments: